June 23, 2008

teaser.

--

early morning. saturday.

the sound of rain tip and tapping on the window. the blurred outline of Kuala Lumpur barely visible through the glass. the rumble of thunder. the flashes of lightning.

and the smooth, soothing jazz music piping in through the stereo.

i stood still in front of that window, almost statuesque. a mug of coffee in my hand, steaming. for a moment i was lost in my thoughts, in a world of dreams.

i was drifting through a memory, almost drowning in it's depths. it was like an old film-reel, with specks and grain, and that curious, artificial feeling of "i was there when this happened". almost a deja-vu.

these memories conjure images of a face i thought had long been locked up and kept safe, hidden from view. but these images are almost kaleidoscopic; they seem to conflict and compliment at the same time. with them they stir up emotions i thought i had buried some time ago.

but it was only for a moment. soon enough these memories, these distant recordings of an 'ago' quickly faded. with a sigh i broke free from my thoughts, and sat myself down on the sofa of my living room. i switched on my laptop which had been there from the night before, and skimmed through the news.

it was only just getting light; however with the heavy downpour it was surely going to be a grey day.

no matter, i thought.

i lie myself down on the sofa, the mug of coffee half-way finished. truth be told, i had been awake for a few hours now. i needed a nap. the sound of rain and thunder was soothing to me. i lay an arm across my forehead.

as sleep began to take me over, the memories came flashing back.

they were reminding me of a time when i was with you.

--

3 comments:

Anne said...

dear writer,

please write more..

i'm addicted.

:(

Anonymous said...

so there will be a third season huh?

yay! :D

Unknown said...

im a bit lost here. havent read your series for quite some time. ideas on where should I begin?

p/s: reply to my cbox please.